Sunday, August 26, 2007
church visit #5 White Bear Lake
Originally I titled this post the landlocked inner ring church. I was at White Bear Lake for a reunion overnight for the group that attended Triennium from our Presbytery. We helped lead the worship service with this group. My comment about being landlocked is due to the fact this church has a very small parking lot and is surrounded very closely by houses, so there seems to be little or no room to expand. This seemed odd for a suburb church. The sanctuary while it is the traditional long center aisle sanctuary, due to a renovation in recent times it does not feel as old or trapped in time as some from this era do. The congregation was smaller than I expected but it was early August when many families tend to take summer trips. Being up front and focusing on the songs we sang I had a different view than I would have gotten from the pews. The two youth from White Bear who gave the sermon, did a great job, I think all in attendance see Shane being a preacher in his future, must be in his famillies genes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment