Sunday, August 26, 2007

Church visit #3 Peace Presbyterian

I visited Peace Presbyterian this Sunday as my friend Gary was preaching. I arrived early and was welcomed by many and then saw Gary and Chris ( who I know through Clearwater retreats). I was expecting a few people I know that were also coming to hear Gary preach. I spent quite a bit of time outside the sanctuary waiting for others and was welcomed as I waited. I went in to the sanctuary and sat in the front row as the service started. My brother eventually showed up and joined us in the front. The congregation had some young people and with the video screen seemed to be trying to attract younger familes, but the church still feels somewhat stuck in the 60's or 70's. Not sure what would change this perception. The one thing they did I liked and have not seen at other churches is use a camera at the back to show Gary and the kids on the screen during the children's message. I also liked Gary's use of the screen for visuals during his sermons. the service was traditional and nothing else really stuck out as unsual. Some might not like the songs and scripture shown on the screen but I think it is ok , seems the person changing the slides this week was still learning how and when to change them.

No comments: