Sunday, August 26, 2007
church visit #4 Valley Presbyterian
It was the workcamp echo service this week at Valley. While I have been gone from Valley quite a few years I have gone to the Echo service most years. I guess I go because it brings back fond memories of my workcamp experiences and I enjoy seeing the current youth show their enthusiam for workcamps. I still know many of these youth from Clearwater retreats, joint events Plymouth did with Valley and the annual christmas day broomball game. I also know many of the adults in the congregation from growing up here. So in some ways it feels like going home. Someday I could see myself back at Valley, but for a few reasons I don't plan to go back anytime soon. For the most part the serivce feels like a Valley service I am used to with the exception of the Well Springs band and the words on the screen which were things added after I left Valley. The one thing they added that the traditionalist in me does not like is the gender netural lanuage. The trinity for me will always be Father , Son, Holy Ghost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment