Sunday, December 16, 2007

update on my journey

SO a lot has happened since I last did a post, I began a new job and am starting to feel like my life is getting back to "normal". conventional wisdom says you get jobs via networking and the online job sites are not very effective when you post your resume on them. Well things worked out for me that went against these thoughts, I did not put as much effort into networking as I should have ( somewhat due to I was not sure what I wanted to do) and I got a phone call from a company that church management software that they saw my resume on a job website. They were looking for someone to do phone tech support for thier products. I interviewed with them and two weeks ago became a tech support specialist with Church management solutions. I am enjoying the work despite the fact they want me to learn the financial products and to provide support for these. I am not an accounting person ( think I started an accounting course in college but dropped it). I work 8-5 with a one hour lunch break and liek the fact we are not on a phone que ( so it is a pace that suits me). I am enjoying being home in the evening and will like having my weekends free once I finish working at Office Max in a few weeks. I might be helping a church with their youth program for a few months and am excited about move leadership opportunies with the presbytery youth ministries. I will post some recent church visits in other posts, but want to suggest I woould welcome comments to any of my posts.

No comments: