This weekend I was up at Clearwater's fall middle school retreat. My friend Gary led it and along with Chris from Gary's church we drove up there together. It was fun to be a helper for the weekend and to be able to float amoung the groups and get to know the youth and the adults up there. There were nine churches represented with youth and adults. The adults were for the most part were old friends who knew each other from previous youth retreats. Those adults who had not been to Clearwater for a retreat before did a great job as well. The youth were a neat group who seemed to have fun and enjoyed the weekend. Gary and I have some common ideas about retreats, one is to try to shake things up a little so that it is not the same retreat everytime. I have to admit I have copied some of Gary's ideas from his retreats for retreats I have led or are going to lead. One such idea was how to do worship differently on Sun am. In the past most retreats have had each group taking a part of the worship service, preparing and leading their part. This retreat with help from Andrew, Sarah, Sally and I am sure others the worship service was created and people were asked to take an already created part. In addition Micheal who is the Associate Pastor at the Austin church did a short message ( sermon) that did a wonderful job of tying together what we talked about and learned over the weekend and challenged us to live out what we talked about. This worship service was a nice mix of scripture, liturgy and music led by the worship band from Rochester.
In addition to the great weekend, I now have a couple of addtional churches to visit and worship at including the Austin church and the Rochester church.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment